Dessert for baby lunch? Tres Leches Cake of course.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Cream topping:
- 1 14-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cream
- Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a pan.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites on low speed to soft peaks, then slowly add sugar and beat to stiff peaks, then add yolks one at a time, beating after each.
- Add in flour/baking powder, alternating with milk, working expediently. Bake until golden, 25 minutes in a good oven or 45 in mine.
- To make the tres leches topping, whisk the ingredients together
- Remove the cake from the oven and while still warm, pour the cream mixture over it.
- Let sit and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with the 4th leche, ice cream (in this case, Ronnybrook Vanilla)
- For non-babies, feel free to douse in white rum