Breakfast with Pythagorus:
Ancient Grecian breakfast of barley pancakes, figs, feta, honey and sesame seeds, with geometrical plating.
This is a real ancient breakfast, but served in shapes to represent everyone’s first geometry class.
- 1 cup Barley flour
- 2 TB good olive oil
- about 1 cup of water
- I wanted to use 2-3 beautiful fresh figs but couldn’t find any, so I used some fancy dried figs
- Honey comb
- 4 oz feta
- Whisk the flour and olive oil together
- Whisk in water a little at a time until the batter is smooth — it should be about as thick as cake batter
- Fry in olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side
- If geometric shape is desired, fry in a baking mold
- Pancakes are ready to be flipped when bubbles in the top start holding their shapes
- I made square pancakes, sliced my feta into triangles and my figs into rounds
- Honey comb is sliced thinly