Luxe effects collection
- Colors: Shine of the times, set in stones, as gold as it gets, a cut above, pure pearlfection
- Dish: fried oyster on the shell topped with jumbo tapioca pearls
- A dozen oysters, with shells if desired for presentation
- Seaweed salad if desired for presentation
- 2 dozen tapioca pearls
- red wine vinegar
- white flour
- salt, pepper, garlic, paprika
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs
For the tapioca pearls, they will need to be soaked in the vinegar with the shallots, chopped finely, preferably overnight. This will give a tiny bit of briny flavor.
For the oysters, use my basic fry technique of dipping them in flour, then in the eggs + sriracha whisked together, then dipped in seasoned bread crumbs (with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika, to taste).
To serve, clean the shells well, place on a bed of seaweed salad, or crushed ice, or salt, or small pebbles, put the fried oysters back in their shells and top with pearls. Pure Pearlfection!