Sam Zemurray was known as the Banana King, but these cookies are inspired by bananas AND The King.
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp, chopped
- 12 oz peanut chips (like chocolate chips, find them in the baking isle)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the salt.
In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture, then stir in the mashed bananas, beating well after each addition. Fold in the bacon and peanut butter chips. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle generously with the sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool completely. Serve.